Monday, June 14, 2010

Metadata Callbacks due to Table Type not being Set

Recently while testing my FM Model I noticed that one of the query subject was causing metadata callbacks and this was with the message "The metadata for...will be retrieved from the Database due to the table type not set for query subject...". I verified that the model query subject did not have any relationships to other query subjects. The data source query subjects did not have any filters / determinants / calculations.

It was only when I tried re-creating the query subject that I figured out the cause for this as being a difference in the case on the table name in the Query Subject and in the Schema. The Query Subject had the table name as "TABLE" while in the schema it was "table".

Once I modified the data source query subject to point to "table" as in the schema, there were no metadata callbacks.
 

No comments: